Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Codea 3.0.1 (192)

2»

Comments

• edited February 9 Posts: 1,807

@dave1707 - yup, so far haven’t been able to reproduce the crashes. Will persevere, I like the approach from @RonJeffries and hope there are no issues there. Concentrated on reducing the number of files I have in Codea - combination of using individual file saving(built into Codea) and your Backup file project. On the latter - it will only back up projects outside collections. Do you know of anyway we could include collection projects - how do you identify them as you parse the project list? Perhaps @Simeon could suggest how?

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Simeon The function hasProject seems to ignore the collection name. It will return true if a project is in Documents, hasProject(“name”) or hasProject(“Documents:name”), but returns false if a project is in Examples, hasProject(“Examples:name”), Craft, hasProject(“Craft:name”) or Templates, hasProject(“Templates:name”). If the project name is in the Documents folder, then hasProject returns true even though Examples, or Craft, or Templates is included in hasProject.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Bri_G I only backup projects in the Documents folder, but I can probably add something to include a folder name. But then I would have to add something so you don’t accidentally restore the projects into the wrong folder. The function hasProject needs to be fixed first. See the above post.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@dave1707 there is now a way in iOS 13 to split screen multiple Codea sessions. It's a big thing to change but I'd really like to add it too.

What's more important for you to be able to do:

1. Split screen for different tabs in the same project
    2. Split screen for different projects
    3. Split screen the runtime running your project / tabs editing your project
    @Simeon - surely the third option is best unless you can not see/access all the tabs in the editor split screen.

How would this look with the slide out parameter window in the runtime window and would this only really work in landscape?

@Simeon - off the wall but, would it be possible to split screen with a reduced size (but full screen) runtime. Using landscape you would split 512 by 384 for each of the two ‘screens’ with the editor in one and a miniaturised runtime in the other. Or alternatively make the runtime window full scale but scrollable.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@Bri_G it would be better in landscape I imagine.

Wonder if it might be better to make Codea more like the Shader Lab — a constant floating window of the runtime that restarts each time you edit your code. Then you never press play, you just tap the window to go full screen.

• edited February 12 Posts: 1,807

@Simeon @dave1707 - struggling a bit with Craft, we used to have to add the dependency for Craft and Cameras when Craft was introduced. Was the Craft dependency withdrawn as Craft was fully integrated. I can’t find it as a dependency and am getting an error message for Pmesh and a Global Craft when I try to set up a new Craft project. Would a global Craft create chaos here. At one stage Codea crashed. May need to reinstall.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Simeon I have no problem with the way Codea works with the editor. Split screen might be nice, but I’m not sure how often that would be used, at least for me. With Shader, you have valid chunks of code ready to be merged into what’s running. With Codea, it takes awhile to create useable code. I don’t know how well a constant floating window trying to run code would work as you build up the code.

@Simeon - to be honest I find the thought of a constant running project, in the background, whilst you edit in the foreground a bit frustrating - anything that runs my iPad battery down faster than is needed I find worrying. You might have guessed, my Pad has started running for shorter periods and a battery change is on the horizon.
  • SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@Bri_G @dave1707 thanks for that, both good points. I might still try it to see how it feels