Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tutorial 5 - Finite State Machines

edited July 2012 in Examples Posts: 563

I just finished Tutorial 5 on Finite State Machines (http://codeatuts.blogspot.com.au/). Next up I will show how to do the same thing using State Transition Tables and then finish up with version using State Design Patterns.

As always comments and suggestions welcome.

Comments

Keep writing! I check up your blog regularly :)
    Perhaps you could add the combined code of each chapter in a downloadable form (or paste-able into Codea).

Many thanks for your time and knowledge.

@emsi - Thanks and good idea. I will have a think about the best way to do this. I'm currently writing a piece on Lua tables which are fascinating (if you are into that sort of thing), and the example game that goes with it is getting quite long. I don't have a github account currently but that might be one approach. Does anyone have a better idea?

@time_trial - and thank you! I'm really impressed with the capabilities of Codea and I think it is a great way to get into programming.

@Reefwing how about sharing code via Dropbox as an alternative to github? you can publish a public link either to single .lua files or zip packages.

p.s. using a version control system is still a good idea. svn or git is matter of personal preference. for svn I can recommend sourceforge.

Of course! I should have thought of dropbox @emsi. Its tight integration with Codea should make things easy. I will give it a shot. May need to settle for a manual versioning system to complement this.