Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Codea 3.0 ver. (108) & ver. (111) & ver. (116) & ver. (118)

2»

Comments

@piinthesky - interesting, what other model types can be loaded?

• @Bri_G from a previous post by @john, i think: OBJ, FBX, STL and BLEND. I have tested that STL works but not the others.

@piinthesky - thanks for that, another feature I need to check out.

I still cannot boot Codea on iPhone

https://imgur.com/a/j0NnsC9
    Codea 3.0 for iPhone has been expired. When will it be updated or released? I love to code Codea on my iPhone.
  • SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@sanit I'll try get another universal build out for you! Sorry I've been so busy with Shade's launch — but now that we're done with 1.0 of that I can start back on universal Codea

@Simeon Thank you for your support.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 76
    @Simeon I tried to export Pong game that I write in iPhone but no luck. When Codea expired, I can not see it with iTune. When I use 3uTool, it shows Codea but does not have Document folder to export files.
  • SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@sanit argh really? That's upsetting. I'll put out another iPhone compatible version soon

• edited April 2019 Posts: 534

@simeon coming back to the grid in the voxel editor example, which ‘fades’ away as a function of distance from the viewer camera. This effect shouldn't really be happening should it, unless the fog parameters are enabled?! Is there a way to avoid this when i use the grid class in my code?

• AnatolyAnatoly Mod

I installed latest codea version, but it says, it’s 2.7.5 for me.

If it’s beta, I’d sign up!

Just noting that those of us on build 145 are down to three days.

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Mark There's a Codea version 2.7.5 (145) on the App Store. TestFlight has a 2.7.6 (147) version now.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@Mark version 2.7.6 (147) is now on TestFlight with the updated Xcode export I mentioned (sorry it took so long, it was stuck in Apple review for days, even as a beta release)

And already I discovered two issues around music playing when it shouldn’t and extra text left on screen. Sigh.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@Mark can you tell me more about the problems you're having?

Is music playing when it shouldn't related to the music() API?

@Simeon So sorry, i droppedthe message in the wrong topic. The bugs were mine, not yours.

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@Mark haha no problem, glad there's fewer bugs for me to fix though

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Simeon Here's something I ran into that took me a little while to understand what was happening. At first I didn't understand why x1 was 0 and not WIDTH/2. Of course parameter.integer only works with integer values and I didn't realize at first that WIDTH/2 was a fraction on my iPad. Just wondering if parameter.integer should convert any fraction to an integer instead of returning 0 as the initial value.

function setup()
        parameter.integer("x1",0,WIDTH,WIDTH/2)
        parameter.integer("y1",0,HEIGHT,HEIGHT/2)

parameter.number("x2",0,WIDTH,WIDTH/2)
        parameter.number("y2",0,HEIGHT,HEIGHT/2)
    end

• SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@dave1707 the behaviour you suggest sounds more correct, good find

• dave1707dave1707 Mod

@Simeon I'm not sure how or what's going on. Somehow when I tap on a project icon it stays on the screen instead of opening the project. If I tap another icon it gets put on top of the previous icon and a counter increments. Each time I tap an icon it gets added to the stack and the count goes up. Here's an image of my screen showing 5 icons. I can close Codea but those 5 icon images stay on the screen, so I don't know if it's Codea or iOS.

err1@2x.png 474.6K
  • SimeonSimeon Admin Mod

@dave1707 that looks like a drag-and-drop bug! Weird.

In the universal version I have drag-and-drop enabled on that screen (though non-functional at this time).