Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Variable as Sprite

edited May 2012 in General Posts: 7

I want to create a move function, Wehre you Must Five your Sprite. It works, but how can i drawidisch the Sprite now?
Heres a Little Code:

Player = sprite("Sprite...",50,100)

At the draw-function:

Player

--

But what is Wong?
Pls. Help!!!

Comments

Sprite is a method that draws the sprite, I don't think you can take the result of calling it and store it in a variable - you have to call sprite() in your draw routine each time and if you want it to move, you will have to change the x,y values.

• BortelsBortels Mod
    playerx = 50
    playery = 100

in draw:

sprite("Sprite...", playerx, playery)

• edited May 2012 Posts: 7

Ok, i Show you what i have done now:

mainclass:

-- Use this function to perform your initial setup function setup()     print("Test-Spiel")          displayMode(FULLSCREEN)          colorbg = color(79, 88, 144, 255)     colorout = color(0, 0, 0, 255)     colortxt = color(255, 255, 255, 255)          button=Button("status1",colorbg,colorout,colortxt)     button.action = function () buttonchange() end end function buttonchange()     if button.displayName == "status1" then         status2(50,200,100,400,"Planet Cute:Character Horn Girl")         button.displayName = "status2"     elseif button.displayName == "status2" then         button.displayName = "status1"     end end --This function prepare your Button function drawButton()     button.pos = vec2(60,730)     button:draw() end -- This function gets called once every frame function draw()     -- This sets a dark background color      background(167, 167, 167, 255)          -- This sets the line thickness     strokeWidth(5)     -- Do your drawing here               drawButton() end --This function is for touch function touched(touch)     button:touched(touch) end Status2-class status2 = class()      function status2:init(posx,posy,x,y,figure)     self.figure = figure     self.position.x = posx     self.position.y = posy     self.x = x     self.y = y          if self.position.x < self.x then         self.position.x = self.position.x + 1     elseif self.position.x > self.x then         self.position.x = self.position.x - 1     elseif self.position.x == self.x then         if self.position.y < self.y then             self.position.y = self.position.y + 1         elseif self.position.y > self.y then             self.position.y = self.position.y - 1         elseif self.position.y == self.y then                      end     end end function status2:draw()     pushStyle()          sprite(self.figure,self.position.x,self.position.y)          popStyle() end --

Ignore the Button-class.

Now please help.
    Thx.

• BortelsBortels Mod

When you call "status2()" - it returns a "status2" object as the result. You need to save that to a variable so you can call it's methods later.

So - you'd say something like "player=status2(50,200,100,400,"Planet Cute:Character Horn Girl")"

Then, in your main draw(), you'd add "player:draw()" after the "-- Do your drawing here" line. draw() doesn't call the draw methods of classes - you have to do it yourself.

And how can do ist so that it is Possible to See the movement?
    I mean the "posx = posx + 1" ???

• BortelsBortels Mod

Yes. Somewhere in the draw loop, you do your movement - if you had "player.position.x = player.position.x + 1", then the sprite will draw each frame one to the right, and appear to move.

Try putting "player.position.x = CurrentTouch.x" and "player.position.y = CurrentTouch.y", and the sprite will follow your finger.

Thank you
    You're very Good!

Sry, but i have a Second Question: you know if x = y And z = a then ...
    It Works with And And or in the mid, right?

And what Must i Write if i want And And or?

• BortelsBortels Mod

I don't understand the question.